MEET THE CREW


 Have you ever wondered who is flying the plane when you travel on SA Express? Or wanted to know more about what a job as a cabin crew member is like? Well, now’s your chance
! Every month we will introduce a few members of our SA Express family, because by getting to know them, you become part of the SA Express family too.

Octavius Dyavane
Length of Service at SAX: One year

Please tell us briefly what your job involves: My job involves the safe transportation of passengers and cargo.

What is your favourite part of your job? I love every part of my job.

What do you find most challenging about your job? Early morning starts.

What do you like about working for SA Express? Being an SA Express Cadet, I don’t just like SA Express, I LOVE it! It has changed my life for the better. It is the most transformed airline in South Africa and exhibits the spirit of Ubuntu in its work ethics.

What would people find surprising about your job? The amount of nuts you get to eat, and the reading you get done!

Have you ever had any funny incidents or encounters while on the job? So many, but one that stands out was two unscheduled night stops with the same cabin crew member due to technical reasons. She swore never to be on board an aircraft with me again as I brought her bad luck! Although, obviously, this was something totally out of my control.


What would you miss the most of you ever stopped working for SA Express? Definitely the training and administration department, HR, OCC, Crew coordinators and every crew member I've worked with.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment