Meet the SA Express Crew




Have you ever wondered who is flying the plane when you travel on SA Express? Or wanted to know more about what a job as a cabin crew member is like? Well, now’s your chance! Every month we will introduce a few members of our SA Express family, because by getting to know them, you become part of the SA Express family too.



Gwynneth Roberts 
Senior Cabin Crew Member

Length of service at SA Express: Seven years. 

What is your favourite part of your job? I have the privilege of being an ambassador for my airline and country. I also get to meet people from different walks of life.
What do you find most challenging about your job? Trying to please all passengers, especially in situations beyond your control, is very difficult.
What do you like about working for SA Express? It is a very professional airline and they look after their staff very well. There are lots of opportunities for growth within the company.
What would people find surprising about your job? Well, it’s not as glamorous as people might think. It comes with challenges and sacrifices. We sometimes miss Christmas lunch with our loved ones so our passengers can have lunch with theirs. But we do it with love because we fly for you.
What would you miss most about your job if you stop working for SA Express? The crew. In Cape Town we are like a family. We laugh our hearts out and create great memories on board. However, we also become a shoulder to cry on for each other when times get tough in our personal lives. 

Lingesperi Moodley

Senior Cabin Crew Member
Length of service: 16 years

Please tell us briefly what your job involves: I'm firstly and most importantly a safety officer. If we encounter an emergency in the cabin it is my responsibility to make sure that the situation is under control.
What is your favourite part of your job? For me it's being able to create a more positive air travel experience for people. I think flying is amazing, but many people have lost sight of that because of all the stresses we have to deal with while flying. I also love meeting all sorts of wonderful people. Being in this industry for so many years I have met many amazing people, from statesmen and sportsmen to actors. Best of all, I met my husband while working here.
What do you find most challenging about your job? Maintaining a professional image, irrespective of the type of day I’m having.
Why do you like working for SA Express? For me it’s the people I work with; my fellow colleagues, the ground staff and our engineers, because together we make SA Express a success.
What would people find surprising about your job? The most surprising I would say is that I've got no control over the weather (only joking). But seriously, we all are comedians and we have a great sense of humour. We deal with a lot on a daily basis and still come out smiling.
Have you ever had any funny incidents or encounters in your job? One day in Johannesburg we had a weather delay, so I made an announcement to the passengers that they can now use their phones to let people know of the delay. I then had a passenger ask if she could use my public address handset to make a call – she had thought that whenever I was making announcements that I was actually making telephone calls!
What would you miss the most if you ever stopped working for SA Express? I would miss the family ethos, as well as our beloved “turbo profits” aeroplanes.

Qaanita Abrahams
Line Check Cabin Crew Member
Length of service: 13 years

What is your favourite part of your job? The flexibility and seeing different parts of our country.
What do you find most challenging about your job? Maintaining and receiving communication from Head Office.
What do you like about working for SA Express? I enjoy the security the job offers me.

Have you ever had any funny incidents or encounters in your job? Yes, sometimes people don’t know that there is a toilet on board!

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment